Ideally situated on an impressive 71 x 135 foot corner lot, this Georgian-inspired red brick home is perfect for family living and entertaining in style. Originally built in 1963, 17 Mildenhall's 6800+ square feet of living space has been continually updated and meticulously maintained throughout the years.
With a commanding presence, the 6-car circular interlocking driveway welcomes you to a stately formal entrance. The handsome front door opens to an entry vestibule and grand foyer, both finished with Carrera marble floors with inset details. Flanking the left side of the hall is the oak-adorned library and spacious formal living room, while to the right is the bright and gracious dining room.
With a natural flow, the hallway continues to the heart of the home - a huge, open-concept kitchen with adjoining family room. The custom maple cabinetry is complemented by Brazilian granite counters and offers extensive storage, including three appliance garages. The Sub-Zero fridge, Sub-Zero wine cooler, Thermador gas cook top and Thermador double convection oven show this is a kitchen equipped for the serious gourmand. Just beyond the island with prep sink and eating area is the grand family room. Naturally illuminated by a lantern ceiling, warmed by a premium Heat & Glo gas fireplace, and immersed in sound by in-wall/ceiling speakers, this room is truly a hub for family relaxation.
From the family room, double French doors lead to a private, south-facing outdoor oasis complete with a covered gazebo and marbleized concrete swimming pool. The architecturally landscaped gardens and patios provide ample room for sunbathing and poolside entertaining, while the north yard offers a perfect grassy space for energetic kids or a game of croquet.
On those rainy days and stay-in nights, the lower level is ideal for whole family entertainment. With a 106-inch Da-Lite screen and BenQ DLP projector, the sound-insulated home theatre is equipped to provide a true movie-going experience. The humungous games and recreation room offers enough space for simultaneous billiards, table tennis, card and arcade games. When it's time to unwind, the built-in sauna offers a peaceful place to rejuvenate.
Returning to the front of the home, the sweeping circular staircase leads upwards to the guest and master bedrooms. With a wood burning fireplace, numerous built-ins, a dressing room, plus his and hers ensuite bathrooms, this is truly a master retreat. To assure minimal disturbance to master area, the children's wing is separated by hallway doors, and can be accessed by a rear staircase. Featuring three additional bedrooms, two ensuite baths and a private balcony, the children's wing is well-suited for accommodating live-ins and extended family.
Major Features of 17 Mildenhall
- Well-maintained, with continuous updates
- Large, spacious rooms, flowing well for living
- Huge open-concept kitchen and family room area with Heat & Glo gas fireplace and in-wall/ceiling surround-sound speakers...the heart of the home
- Davenport maple kitchen with Thermador double convection ovens, Thermador gas cooktop, Miele dishwasher, Sub-Zero fridge and wine cooler, professional range hood, Brazilian granite counters and three appliance garages
- Over 6800 square feet of total living space
- Separate children's wing with 3 bedrooms and rear staircase
- A total of 5 spacious bedrooms, each with ample storage
- Multiple walk-outs with French doors - very bright
- 5 fireplaces, finished with stone, marble, or brick (basement fireplace currently non-operable)
Sound-insulated home theatre with 106 inch Da-Lite screen and BenQ
DLPhigh-definition projector (audio/stereo equipment not included)
- Dual high-efficiency gas furnaces and dual air-conditioning units allow for better heat and A/C balance throughout the home.
- Central vacuum system
- Sauna and cold storage room
- ADT comprehensive security system with monitored fire, motion, and glass breakage detectors (monitoring extra)
- Medeco high-security locks on main doors, keyed alike
- Emtek quality brass hardware in most of the house
- Professionally landscaped yard with in-ground sprinkler system and covered gazebo
- Custom "marbleized-finish" swimming pool
- Oversized double garage with covered breezeway and mudroom entrance to the kitchen/family room
- Circular interlock driveway with additional parking for 6 cars
- Natural gas hook-up for BBQ
- Cedar garden shed
- Built in 1963
- 4352 sq ft above grade and 2468 sq ft lower level
- 71 ft x 135 ft lot size
- 5+1 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms
- 5 fireplaces (basement fireplace is non-operable)
- 18 ft x 30 ft rectangular concrete pool with 9 ft deep end
- 200A electrical service
- Dual high-efficiency gas furnaces, air conditioners, air cleaners, and humidifiers
- Gas water heater (owned)
- 2012 property taxes $18,616.72
- 2012 MPAC property assessment $2,621,000 (phased in amount for 2013 $2,465,750)
Please enjoy the video slideshow tour below and come see it in person at this weekend's open house Saturday and Sunday April 20th/21st from 2-4pm.