A quintessential all-brick family home with sweeping vistas of the Don Valley.
This Leaside-style home is situated just south of the Leaside Bridge in the Golden Triangle pocket of East York. Sophisticated and timeless in design, 513 Donlands offers practical living and affordable luxury.
The main floor is finished with continuous solid hardwood flooring, crown mouldings, and extensive recessed lighting. The living room is generous in size, and features a newer gas fireplace with a classic period mantel. The open kitchen is designed for a serious cook, with large granite prep areas, oodles of cupboard space, and quality dove-tailed and soft-close cabinetry. The light-filled dining room can accommodate gatherings of the full family, and features French doors that provide gorgeous views of the ravine.
The second floor is also finished with continuous strip hardwood, and offers three bedrooms with built-in closets complete with integrated organizers. The newer bathroom is adorned with opulent stone, heated floors, and quality fixtures which grace it with a highly refined feel.
The contemporarily finished lower level can be accessed by both the main floor and a separate entrance at the side of the dwelling. This well-designed lower level features a laundry room, full kitchen, 4-piece bath, spacious recreation room, and a bedroom nook, thereby lending itself to many possibilities.
The beautiful backyard is highly functional for many uses. The large, double-tiered cedar deck with raised planter boxes and integrated lighting feels like an outdoor living room, and offers ample space for barbecuing, dining, and entertaining. The fully fenced grassy tableland is a great spot for kids to play, or for Fido to enjoy squirrel watching. Two levels of garden terraces descend into the Don Valley, and offers a creative outlet for imaginative gardeners. Beyond the terraces is a ravine trail that leads to many kilometres of hiking, mountain biking, and dog walking opportunities.
Note that a Carson Dunlop pre-listing home inspection report is available upon request.
Please enjoy the video tour below, and come to the open house this Saturday and Sunday April 25-26th from 2-4pm. As always, please contact me directly anytime at 416-357-1059 to arrange a private viewing and to find out more.
- All-brick construction
- Built in 1930
- 25 ft x 150 ft lot size
- 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms (1 x 4-piece on second floor, 1 x 4-piece on lower level), 2 kitchens
- 100A electrical service
- High-efficiency gas boiler (approximately 4 years old)
- Ductless air conditioner on the second floor
- Gas hot water heater (rental)
- Siemens smooth-top stainless steel range
- Panasonic Inverter over the range stainless steel microwave with exhaust fan
- GE bottom mount stainless steel fridge
- GE built-in stainless steel dishwasher
- Whirlpool clothes washer and dryer
- radiator covers
- gas fireplace and ductless air conditioner remote controls
- all electric light fixtures
- outdoor deck lighting system
- California shutters in living room and second bedroom
- Roman blinds in third bedroom
Typical Commuting Routes:
To Donlands Station on the Bloor-Danforth Subway
- 7 minutes via the Leaside 56 bus
- 20-25 minutes (2km) via walking
To Eglinton Station on the Yonge Subway
- 26 minutes via the Leaside 56 bus
To the Don Valley Parkway
- 3 minutes (1.2km) via automobile
Disclaimer: The Buyer must conduct their own due diligence for municipal zoning regulations, fire and electrical safety standards, and provincial building code regulations.